– The Potemkin Stairs, a giant stairway in Odessa, Ukraine.
– A formal entrance into the city from the direction of the sea.
– Originally known as the Boulevard steps, the Giant Staircase, or the Richelieu steps.
– Renamed as Potemkin Stairs to honor the 30th anniversary of the Battleship Potemkin, the mutiny that occurred in 1905 when the crew of the Russian battleship Potemkin rebelled against their officers of the Tsarist regime.
– Made famous in Sergei Eisenstein’s film The Battleship Potemkin.
#Boulevard steps #Odessa #Sergei Eisenstein #The Battleship Potemkin #the Giant Staircase #The Potemkin Stairs #the Richelieu steps #Ukraine