– The tricolor flag, blue, white, red, dates from 1794, designed by Jacques -Louis David from the blue of the yoke of Saint Martin, the white of the Cross of Saint Michael, the red of martyrdom Saint Denis.
– The national anthem, La Marseillaise, adopted in 1795, composed by Rouget de Lisle.
– The motto of the Republic, ” Liberty, Equality, Fraternity“, has its origins in the French Revolution formulated first by Robespierre, but formally adopted in 1880 under the Third Republic.
– Marianne, the allegoric figure of the French republic.
– The rooster, symbol of vigilance and bravery, emblem of the French Olympic team since 1920.