On a rocky hill, on the banks of the River Darro, rising above Granada, the Alhambra (“the red fortress”) was originally designed as a military area. It became the residence of royalty and of the court of Granada in the middle of the thirteenth century, after the establishment of the Nasrid kingdom. The Palace of Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor in 1527, was inserted in the Alhambra within the Nasrid fortifications. The highlight of the Alhambra is the Nasrid Palace which is in actuality several different palaces connected together.
Plus d'information sur Qwant: