The largest carnival parade of Germany.
Even if it takes place in February, the Cologne Carnival is preparing on 11 November at 11:11, 11 being the number of fools.
The three symbolic characters of the Carnival: the Prince, the Peasant and the Virgin.
2015 Dates ?
– From the 12 to 18 February 2015.
– Thursday: Women’s Day, women cut men’s ties and kissing passersby.
– Saturday: parade of ghosts.
– Sunday: Children’s parade.
– Monday: official parade that brings together nearly one million people in the streets.
– Mardi Gras at midnight straw dummies (Mr. Carnival) are burned.
– Ash Wednesday: torchlight and traditional fish meal which marks the beginning of Lent.
Plus d'information sur Qwant: