Budget hotels Venice Budget hotels Italy
The Essential World Travel Guide – Since 1999
- Several paintings by Caravaggio including the majestic Entombment
- Leonardo da Vinci‘s portrait of Saint Jerome
- Works by painters Fra Angelico, Giotto, Raphael, Nicolas Poussin and Titian
- The red marble papal throne, formerly in the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano
- Roman sculpture, tombstones, and inscriptions, including the Early Christian Sarcophagus of Junius Bassus and Dogmatic sarcophagus, and the epitaph of Lucius Cornelius Scipio Barbatus
- The Raphael Rooms
- The Niccoline Chapel
- The Sistine Chapel
- The Gallery of Maps: topographical maps of the whole of Italy, painted on the walls by friar Ignazio Danti of Perugia
- The frescoes and other works in the Borgia Apartment built for Pope Alexander VI …
Between the 12th and the 13th century, the number of towers in Bologna was up to 180, fewer than twenty can still be seen today. The Two Towers are the symbol of the city, the taller one is called the Asinelli (97 m) and the smaller but more leaning tower is called the Garisenda (48 m).
Recently, the city’s architectural tradition of tower building has been given a new lease with the towers of the Trade show district by the Japanese architect Kenzo Tange.
Venice is divided into six areas or “sestiere”: Cannaregio, San Polo, Dorsoduro (including the Giudecca and Isola Sacca Fisola), Santa Croce, San Marco (including San Giorgio Maggiore) and Castello (including San Pietro di Castello and Sant’Elena).
Budget hotels near Università La Sapienza ? Best price guaranteed
In Italian ? Sapienza – Università di Roma.
What ? The largest European university, ranking among the top 30 European universities.
Founded in ? 1303.